HOW TO DEAL WITH FASTER / CHEAPER / BETTER
Work with a Local Web Designer
How to deal with needing it to be faster
- Be clear on what you want and try to avoid changes to your plans. Have you given it all enough thought?
- Know your goal deadlines and work to those not artificial ones that create a false need to rush.
- What is the minimal viable product (MVP) you can build? What functionality do you absolutely have to have and what could be lost? Know what you want for the end result.
How to deal with needing it cheaper
- Plan as far ahead as you can and schedule work with a long lead time.
- Look at making a long term financial arrangement with your designer.
- Try to find external funding from grants, crowdfunders, and supporters to help increase the project budget.
- Have an honest conversation with your web partner about the cheapest route to your goals.
How to deal with making it better
Get completely clear on why you’re working on this project in the first place and then break it down from there. Small uncertainties can make the project very messy and harder to move forward.
Be really clear with your developers why you’re doing this project so they know your aims too.
Ask their advice. There can often be an easier way to do what you’ve outlined using systems you’re not familiar with. If you’re working with experts, then use them for their knowledge not just skills in delivery.